or make 4 interest-free payments of $1.88 AUD fortnightly with More info
Ever collect bugs in a jar as a child? The World’s Best Bug Jar takes insect collection and observation to a new level. The lid is a 2x magnifier, and includes a flip-down magnifying glass for 4x magnification. A gridded bottom allows for insect size comparisons.
- Characteristics: The snap-on lid stays secure as bugs are collected and moved, ensuring specimens won’t be lost. A spider figure is included for scale and realism.
- Size and Color: The bug jar is 2 ½ inches tall and 2 ¾ inches in diameter, about the same as an individual yogurt container. An attractive yellow lid and flip-down magnifier completes the set.
- The World's Best Bug Jar is part of the Safariology® collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
Insect collecting is called entomology, and those who collect and study insects are known as entomologists. The word comes from a 2300-year-old work by Aristotle that classified insects as entoma. Early interest in entomology was spurred by a doctor named Francesco Redi, who experimented with meat to learn where maggots came from. His discoveries (maggots are fly larvae!) led to increased interest in insect life cycles. The work continues, as entomologists continue to identify and name new insect species regularly.
- Recommended Age: 4+
- Size in cm: 7 L x 6.5 W x 6.5 H
- Size in inches: 2.76 L x 2.56 W x 2.56 H
- UPC: 095866621018